Monday, March 13, 2017

Fun and Fashionable Doll Clothes

When your darling granddaughter asks for some doll clothes for the new 18" American Girl type doll she got for Christmas, how can you say no? I've been busily sewing for her ever since. 

McCall 6480

I used View B. For the skirt I selected some pre-ruffled yardage I've had for years and was thrilled to put to use. All it took was an elastic casing and a seam. The jacket fabric is from Jo-Ann's fancy fabrics and the silver dot t-shirt yardage comes from Hobby Lobby. I made the snazzy boots from some leftover vinyl. 

Small seams and tiny pieces can be challenging, but doll clothes are usually quick and this pattern was easy to follow. I always try to use scraps on hand, but even if you have to buy fabric, it's usually such small amounts they don't end up costing much. I've made several pieces from other views of this pattern, so it's a good value, especially when you buy it for 99 cents.  


My granddaughter was so excited when I gave the clothes to her and to be honest, I could probably make hundreds of outfits from my incredibly large stash, so I'm not done yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment