Friday, February 24, 2017

Beatrix Bunny with Case and Clothes

What do you call a rabbit with no clothes on? A bare hare.

A while ago I posted a stuffed elephant and trunk I made for my granddaughter's birthday. See here

When another granddaughter wanted a case like here sister's, I remembered Ruby Jean's Closet had a cute bunny too.

Pattern Here

I made Beatrix and the whole kit and caboodle.  




When sewing the case, pay careful attention to the application of the interfacing. It's probably the most time-consuming part of the whole process. 



The bunny is a made from a quilting cotton with faux suede for the nose and hand patches. 





I may or may not have wanted to pull my hair out during the construction process, but I've made four dolls and cases now and little girls love them. They're a great quiet toy they can take with them easily because everything is contained. All the clothes were made from scraps I had on hand, and that is never a bad thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment