Monday, February 6, 2017

A Little Mermaid

Who isn't enchanted by a mermaid? With this quick and easy pattern, you can make a mermaid for every little one in your life who wants to be one.  




I used this pattern by Bit of Whimsy: 

Pattern Here

The instructions suggested that the yarn pig tails are sewn into the seam. I got better results by adding them after the doll was finished and stuffed. I wrapped the yarn around my fingers until it was as full as I wanted and then stitched securely to both sides of the head by hand. 

The mermaids are only 12" so it's a great project to use some of the scraps we all have stashed in boxes and crates, cupboards and drawers. These little mermaids can't go in the water, but I know my sweet granddaughters sleep with their mermaids almost every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment