Monday, January 30, 2017

Pretty Princess Throw Blanket

When I found this Riley Blake princess fabric on sale, I had to buy it. Like so many other impulsive fabric purchases, I just wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. 


I had several yards, so I finally decided on some throw blankets for my darling granddaughters. I used the "Charming Baby Log Cabin" pattern by Threaded Pear. I bought it at a local quilt store, but it's also available at shops online. It's any easy pattern. If you aren't familiar with how to bind a scalloped edge, never fear. The instructions aren't very clear, but there are some good tutorials online. The scallops are my favorite part of the blankets.



I adore the fabric and the finished quilt is a good size for children. I had the blankets machine quilted at a local shop and I'm not crazy about how they chose to quilt it. I should have been more specific and would have preferred something more simple like hearts and swirls or swirls alone, but my granddaughters don't know that and they love using their blankets when they watch their favorite princess movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment