Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Darling Baby Bobble Blanket

I know this is a sewing blog, but occasionally I do something besides sew. I was looking for a crocheted baby blanket for a grandson who would be arriving and I loved this blanket the minute I saw it. What makes it even better is that it's a free pattern. 


I made it to match his nursery, so I selected Bernat Baby Blanket yarn in white for the main and a light gray Bernat Blanket yarn for the trim. I bought the yarn at Jo-Ann's and waited for it to go on sale to save a little money.


For the life of me I couldn't make a chain of 89 stitches as directed on the pattern come out right no matter how many times I tried. I'm not a pro at crochet, so I’m sure it was something I was doing wrong, but 88 worked for me. The yarn is so bulky it was hard to get used to at first, but in time in was easier and I enjoyed using it. Since I tend to make my stitches tight, I had to be careful to relax while I worked. (Maybe deep breathing and listening to soothing music would have helped.)
The blanket turned out soft and cuddly and the end result was exactly what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment