Friday, January 6, 2017

Girly Gathers and Ruffles Dress

I was looking for something to make for a baby shower gift and I found this darling dress pattern by Kwik Sew. 

https://kwiksew.mccall.com/k0198

The fabric was adorable in the sample on the pattern envelope and I really wanted a similar floral, but when I couldn't find one I liked, I went with a multi-colored dot I thought was fun! The yoke and panties have a coordinating gold dot.  



The pattern was easy. There were a lot of extra helpful tips along the way. I must admit that I struggled turning under the casing on the panties as instructed in the pattern. Though I tried and tried, I simply couldn't ease the edge enough without ending up with huge tucks. To resolve the problem, I took a smaller seam at the leg edges and tapered it into the seam. That did the trick. I added two cute buttons and a bow to the neck edge.

I made the dress for a friend who is having a girl after having five boys. I hope it's just right for her new pink bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment