Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pajama Time

With little ones, isn't the best part of the day bath time and getting them ready for bed in a snuggly pair of pajamas? Since my children are grown, it would be weird if I did that now, but I still love a nice pair of warm pajamas. For Christmas, I used this pattern to make pajamas for my sweet granddaughters:

See pattern here

I thought the design was darling! As a bonus, it came with a pattern for the American Girl doll size. 


In my experience, pattern company sizes for children run a bit large compared to store sizes, so it's best to go by measurements when selecting a pattern size. My granddaughter is seven, but I made a size six and added some length. The pattern called for packaged bias tape to finish the edges, but I made a bias tape with a nifty bias tape maker instead. It's softer than bias tape trim and it also complimented the cuffs at the wrist and ankle. I skipped the interfacing in the cuffs. I actually tried it first as suggested in the pattern, but even a light interfacing made them too stiff for my liking. The flannel I used for the trim was heavy enough to hold its shape without the interfacing. I also reinforced the snap closures with some interfacing on the wrong side of the fabric in the snap areas.

The pattern also has a pair of pajamas that would be perfect for summer. I love how they turned out so much, I might just make another pair or two or three!

No comments:

Post a Comment