Monday, December 19, 2016

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!

It's getting a little late to deck the halls since Christmas is just around the corner, but this year I needed some cute stockings to tuck some treats in for holiday gift-giving. I loved this little gem by mmmcrafts the minute I saw it. I needed a dozen or so and thought it wouldn't be too difficult to make.  

See pattern here

The ivy leaves are traced onto felt and cut by hand, which I did while watching "Murder She Wrote" reruns:) The most time consuming part of the project was hand-sewing the sequins. That process took about 15-20 minutes per stocking. 

I just finished making a bunch. I used wool felt like the designer recommended. I rounded the toe out to give it more fullness and I reduced the pattern to 72% since I didn't need a full-sized stocking. I also added some lace around the top to make it a little more elegant and bound it with taffeta I had left over from another project. I love the way the sequins make this project sparkle. I can't wait to fill them and give them away! 













No comments:

Post a Comment