Thursday, December 1, 2016

Have a Ball!

If you're looking for a quick and easy project for all those small scraps you have lying about and making you feel guilty, you've come to the right place! 

When I decided to make these stuffed cuties for my grandsons, I found a lot of different tutorials on the internet. Some of them were beautifully hand sewn. I settled on this free tutorial because she gives instructions for machine sewing, which seemed a lot faster to me.

http://andothersillythings.blogspot.com/2011/05/pentagon-colorful-fabric-balls-tutorial.html


I used several different printed cottons and also added some soft minky fabric and corduroy for texture. I stuffed the balls with Morning Glory Cluster Stuff. 

As an added bonus, there's a rattle inside. I didn't plan very far ahead, so I found some inexpensive toys from Walmart, cut off their heads, removed the rattles and put them in the balls. (Sorry if that's too graphic:) Since you're probably more organized than I am, you would order them on the internet. I wasn't able to find the rattles at any of the craft stores in my area. 

The hexagon size can be increased or decreased to make a bigger or smaller ball. The piece I used measured 4" across at its widest and the finished ball is just the right size for chubby baby hands.

I also made another, pinker version. I hope you have a ball making them like I did!











No comments:

Post a Comment